Board Recruitment update – September 2022
We have recently concluded recruiting to AphA Board following the advertisement for Executive and Non-Executive roles. We received a lot of interest for the roles which shows that many are interested in working with the organisation and continue to advance AphA as a recognised Professional Body for Health and Care Analysts.
I am delighted to confirm the we have appointed following Board members, new members will join the AphA Board effective from 1st October 2022.
• Director of Finance: Robert Robson has been appointed as the Director of Finance. Alison Wilkinson, our current Director of Finance will be stepping down from her AphA role at the end of December 2022, Rob has a degree in Mathematics and held a number of senior management accountant position at the NHS Business Service Authority, he is currently heading up the Data Strategy and Governance for NHSBSA. Rob has also led the introduction of North East Branch alongside Shevon, this appointment will allow a period of handover.
• Director of Regions: Ruth Holland has been appointed as the Executive to lead our branches, Ruth is the Deputy CIO for Imperial College NHS Trust in London and has been a Branch Lead for London, Ruth also represented AphA at various local and national conferences.
• Company Secretary: Kate Thomas will take on the role as an Executive Director fulfilling company secretary duties. Kate is Head of Performance at the University Hospital Dorset and has served AphA for several years.
• Director of Policy: Neil Morgan will join AphA Board as the Executive lead for Policy. Neil is the Chief Analytical Officer for the Mids and Lancs CSU, it is good to have a Neil in our Board as we continue to champion the need for introducing Chief Analytical Officer role in organisations.
• Director of Programmes: Mark Foy, currently our North West Branch Lead will join us as an Executive Director, Mark brings passion and commitment to drive our work forward , in his executive role Mark will oversee various work packages that are ongoing/upcoming. Mark has also represented AphA at various conferences.
• John O’Connell is the Director of Strategic and Service Innovation and Transformation – Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence at the South, Central and West CSU. John shared his interest of supporting AphA’s growth. John is keen to help advancing the professionalisation agenda, John holds a Leading Practitioner status with BCS.
• Vaish Khullar is the founder of Monitor Analytics, a small and independent analytical start-up, Vaish is a graduate from Oxford University and have wealth of business experience working as a Data Science consultant at Accenture AI and Head of Operation for a Tech company Theodo. Vaish’s experience will help us steer how we expand our activities.
I am sure you will all join me in welcoming the new members at AphA Board, as we jointly move forward to represent ‘you’ as a recognised scientific professional in Data and Analytics.
On another note, you will know that Val Perigo is leaving the organisation at the end of month. Val has served AphA several years and has been a key part in our AphA family, with the transition of becoming a Community Interest Company (CIC) and the main point of contact for all things here at AphA, Val held the Business Manager and Company Secretary portfolio helping the organisation to progress.
On behalf of Board, our Branch Leadership team and our members, we offer Val our very best wishes for her future endeavours.
AphA Chief Executive Officer