Graduates into Health: IM&T fast-track scheme
The Health Innovation Network has been commissioned to deliver the first NHS Grad Information Management (IM) and IT fast-track scheme by NHSE, NHS Digital and Health Education England. The graduate fast-track scheme recruits high flying band 5 IT, cyber and data / business analytics grads into roles within London trusts, CCGs, CSUs and system side health and social care organisations. We recruit and develop aspiring graduates over 2 years to become our systems next band 6/7 middle managers.
This is a ‘grow your own talent’ model whereby you increase skills and capacity in your organisation and retain these skills to help with succession planning and reduce contractor costs. The CPD elements consists of:
- quality assured apprenticeship programme to develop their technical skills (which we will help you source);
- rotations within your organisation / other organisations of your choice to increase experiential learning;
- CDP workshops and pastoral support including mentoring.
We have recruited into IT, change management, cyber security and data analyst roles across a number of teams. Our talent pool comes from thousands of graduates that have applied and been assessed by the Graduate Management Trainee Scheme, local London based Universities and STEM specific graduate job boards such as Grad Cracker.
We are offering three distinct careers pathways:
- Information Management (IM) – Data Analyst, Information Analyst, Business Analyst
- Information Technology – General – Networker, Front Line Help Desk, Software Developer/Tester, Change Project Manager
- Information Technology – Cyber Security – Incident Coordinator, Technical Architect Support Officer, Cyber Intrusion Analyst
The scheme at a glance:
- Next intake – January 2019
- Two-year development scheme
- Two placement rotations
- Band 5 role to progress to Band 6/7
- A highly focussed development scheme (apprenticeship, CPD sessions, rotations and mentoring support).
- Please see full details of the scheme on the attached document.
IM&T fast-track scheme current clients
- South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust – Stephen Docherty, CIO
- St Georges NHS Foundation Trust – Elizabeth White, CIO
- Kings College NHS Foundation Trust – Anwar Alhaq, Lead Clinical Scientist & Centenary Project Director
- Kingston NHS Foundation Trust – Kevin Fitzgerald, CIO
- Croydon NHS Foundation Trust – Leroy Adamson-Parkes, CIO
- Epsom & St Helier NHS Foundation Trust – Marcus Kirby, Deputy Director ICT
- South West London & St Georges Mental Health Trust – Dave Dowsett, Associate Director of IT Modernisation
- Professional Records Standards Body
- Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust
We are running assessment centres in December, late January and April and are still looking for organisations that are looking for their next grads. Please do get in touch with Louise Brennan, Programme Manage, Graduate into Health (email@example.com, 07903 887709)
Graduates into Health: Recruitment Service
For those organisations that cannot commit to a 2 year fast-track scheme, we run a straight recruitment service to recruit band 4 – band 7 vacancies, across all business roles. We have our own recruitment portal (not trac) and only ask for CVs and covering letters which we shortlist from. So save days of managers time. We have recruited over 90 graduates across 30 organisations, 40% of which are data analysts so can comfortably perform straight recruitment for a fee per place arrangement. We have a 96% retention rate which shows they graduate we recruit make a significant impact into their teams and want a career in the NHS. To recruit into your next vacancy please contact Marian Fagbebe, Recruitment Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7188 9674)
Lead Analyst – Information Team
Health Innovation Network
Speeding up the best in health and care, together